Security Centre will not start

Bobnik 17 Jul 11
Answered

I am running vista and the windows security alert icon is appearing on the toolbar. It says the security centre service is turned off. The service will not turn on even via services. I get an error 1068 no dependencies associated.

Any suggestions please

chub_tor 17 Jul 11

Try this:

Start => Run => Type netsh winsock reset then click ok. Restart your computer then check windows firewall again.

Bobnik 17 Jul 11

Thanks for the advice. Following the reboot I still can't get the security centre to start. Firewall and Defender are running but the security alert is still there and says the security centre is not running

rdave13 17 Jul 11

In services check that WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) is also running and on automatic. If that fails to run you might have some malware. Run your security software scans

Bobnik 17 Jul 11
Answer

Great stuff - all is working well. Many thanks

northumbria61 17 Jul 11

If it is a 3rd party Firewall you are using then Security Centre will automatically be turned off - can you verify this ?

northumbria61 17 Jul 11

Good news - great to hear all is now working for you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message