Security Centre too secure!

Shorty123 13:55 18 Nov 04

Hi, Running Windows XP Home, SP2, and for some reason suddenly I cannot access the Security Centre. I am going via Start/ControlPanel then clicking on Security Centre and nothing happens other than the blue bar at the top of the Control Panel box turns alternately pale and darker blue each time I click on Security Centre. I can access everything else in the Control Panel except this. Any ideas? Cheers

mattyc_92 15:07 18 Nov 04

It sounds like some files have been deleted/overwritten. I have had a similar problem and had to uninstall the service pack 2 and then reinstall it. You may have some sort of virus that has damaged this "add-on", so you might need to do a full system scan as well.

Jackcoms 15:16 18 Nov 04

Or use System Restore

Stuartli 15:16 18 Nov 04

Have you tried through Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools?

Shorty123 15:48 18 Nov 04

Thanks all. I have discovered that I can access it about once in every ten times I try...weird. I have had no problems at all with SP2 up to now so would be extremely reluctant to uninstall/reinstall except as a last resort. I am pretty well protected with AVG7, zonealarm, A2, Adaware, Spybot, SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster, all kept bang up to date. I will do full scans with everything and report back. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…