security centre not detecting mcafee

john the scone 21:03 15 Jun 08

hi there. got vista premium sp1 with mcafee internet security from sky. had no problems til this week. security centre says it does not detect any firewall other than its own and no anti virus. mcafee seems to be fine. talked online to mcafee and eventually he said if mcafee says its ok then theres not a problem, end of. i can get rid of the red shield be choosing the option to monitor myself but has anyone got any idea as to whats happened and what i can do to get sec centre to detect mcafee? run usual spyware and virus checks but nothing untoward shows up.

MCE2K5 03:48 16 Jun 08
  john the scone 10:05 16 Jun 08

thanks for them butalready tried to search for on line solution with the same responses. its annoying that mcafee seems to think its not their problem and i bet microsoft take the same view. one of these have released an update that has altered some settings and caused the problem so they should see it made right. anyway thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…