//some 3rd party need geo

Security Center Problem?

J B 15:02 28 Jul 05

Hi Guys; I have noticed in the past day or so that The security center has been warning me that my NAV is not on during normal bootup. Soon after and still during bootup NAV boots and all is well. Should this be happening within the security center or is there a way to get rid of this balloon so that bootup can take place with little or no interferance. I will welcome any advice and when I get it, will put to good use. Thanks. J.B.

EARLR 15:06 28 Jul 05

I have the same problem at times. will monitor this thread.

Curio 15:10 28 Jul 05

Monday the Security Baloon came up on mine. Went to Customise Notification Area and Changed Windows Security alerts to Always Hide. Not seen it since.

J B 15:28 28 Jul 05

Curio: Where is the Customize Notification Area. Iam still a little bit new to this stuff. Tell me where to go and what to do. J.B.

ventanas 17:06 28 Jul 05

Its probably because the security centre loads before Norton. If you notice the balloon changes after Norton has loaded and drops this warning.

Curio 18:37 28 Jul 05

Right Click the taskbar at bottom of screen. Click Properties. Click Customise. Scroll down the list of icons to the Windows Security Alerts Icon. Highlight it by clicking on it. Click on the Down arrowhead beside it. Click Always Hide. OK your way out.

crx1600 18:52 28 Jul 05

you can also switch off the alert in control panel\security center\change the way security center alerts me, uncheck 'virus protection'

stalion 20:01 28 Jul 05

so the baloons gone up lol

Curio 20:37 28 Jul 05

Or down like a lead one!

J B 23:43 28 Jul 05

Thanks for the advice on how to get rid of the balloon, will be doing it soon. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…