Security alert/Windows Firewall

toofy 19:34 10 Jan 09

A security center alert keeps popping up telling me that I am browsing unprotected. It is trying to get me to use Windows firewall & gives the options to dowload/buy. It mentions having intercepted a trojan 'Win32.Zafi.B'
I have done a complete scan with Eset NOD32 antivirus; I do not have a problem with Zafi.B
How do I stop this Security Center alert from repeatedly popping up, please? I use Windows XP with Moz. Firefox. Thanks.

MAJ 20:02 10 Jan 09

Sounds like a fake antimalware program. Download, install, update and run scans with Mbam and Superantispyware. click here
click here

toofy 20:25 10 Jan 09

MAJ-thanks for responding. A visitor 50 years younger than me has shown me the answer maybe in Windows Help; Security Center. In Recommendations I have to check/tick the box "I have antivirus software that I will monitor myself" If that dont work I will follow your course of action. Thanks.

lotvic 22:53 10 Jan 09

Win32.Zafi.B warning and options to download/buy software
Is it Defender 2009 software?
You are infected with Rogue Security Software, follow MAJ's advice and quickly.

further info on Yahoo site click here
or just google search for
Defender 2009

There is no way you have to buy or download Windows Firewall, it is part of Microsoft's Operating System and you should make sure it is working if you do not have another firewall.

tullie 23:09 10 Jan 09

Dont think the option of ticking the box will help to clean an infection.

tullie 23:11 10 Jan 09

And dont use the windows firewall with XP.

toofy 15:19 12 Jan 09

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me. I did not manage to sort it myself. Tech Support at ESET removed the file manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…