security alert

new_guy 18:54 17 Jun 03

hi there i have windows xp home and norton anti virus and internet security 2003 well i got a message pop up saying that windows sub seven was trying to get on the inter net it was medium risk i was wondering if some one can tell me what this is because norton keeps comeing up asking me to block or permit please help thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:59 17 Jun 03

click here is relevant.

G

VoG® 19:16 17 Jun 03

If subseven is trying to connect from your computer to the internet it sounds as though you may have this trojan click here

If it is saying that you have been "probed" by subseven then don't worry, your firewall is protecting you.

new_guy 19:56 17 Jun 03

i have scaned my computer with norton and found no virus this is scary im scaning again to double look but can nortons miss this virus if its there

Bodi 20:24 17 Jun 03

I get the same thing, and providing Norton is reporting them, then I don't worry. If it wasn't protecting your PC then it wouldn't be reporting them. Hope this sounds logical.

Ignore them,

Bodi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…