security alert

DAKAR 17:08 02 Dec 06

I keep getting a SECURITY ALERT on internet explorer
SECURITY ALERT:SPYWARE found
your computer is infected with last version of PSW.X-VIR TROJAN psw trojans steal your private information such as passwords,IP address, credit card information registration details documents etc.
The above comes up and then offers a virus sweeper to clean up
Any ideas how to get shot of this
kind regards
Dakar

reece1705 17:10 02 Dec 06

where are you when you get the alert, dows it happen on just one website or on many?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 02 Dec 06

you will need the SmitFraudFix in order to fix the problem.
click here

sean-278262 17:15 02 Dec 06

click here

The easiest and most secure way is to reboot windows afresh. This is one of the more agressive spyware/viruses out there and I have removed it and similar ones from 5 other computers trying various methods and a complete reboot is the most effective as non rebooted systems seem to run slowly.

Also change every password you have for websites as of immediately as it tried to send these to the virus author.

get zonealarm, avg free, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster once you have reinstalled windows and keep off dubious websites. All the above named programs are free just google the names.

click here

DAKAR 15:42 03 Dec 06

Hello creature of the nite
I have tried a few virus cleaners but having no luck at the moment I have run AVG AND HOUSECALL BUT THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING
now getting the POP UP saying MALWARE THREAT DETECTED YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED BY A BACK DOOR TROJAN.... and I should download the software to remove it
the only thing I have done recently is download music
Any Ideas
I do not have a INSTALLATION CD FOR XP as my system came loaded I did make a recovery disc some time ago
As a matter of interest I cannot restore my system since this problem
regards Dakar

VoG II 15:54 03 Dec 06

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

DAKAR 17:05 03 Dec 06

Thanks VoG
Have done what you suggest
what happens now
regards dakar

VoG II 21:54 03 Dec 06

What happens now is that you wait, patiently, for an expert to guide you.

DAKAR 22:15 06 Dec 06

Thanks VoG those guys at MWR were really helpful after a couple of log postings they had me running clean
thanks for all your help and suggestions
Happy Christmas
Regards
Dakar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac