Security

DJsmoothmoney 17:03 05 Oct 06

I want to change the security settings for my school server so that I can actually control my part of the server. But It just takes ages to do this with every single file. I want it so that only I can use and delete/move my files. I know the Command prompt way although the school blocks command prompts (just type command.com in notepad and save it as batch.bat). I want a quick way to do this with all of my files. I have no intention of making the school server redundunt. and I cannot install new software onto my space. If possible how would I give myself admin rights? thanks people.

stephen0205 19:06 05 Oct 06

i dont think anyone will tell tou how to do that here. em you cant do that anyway ... u would have to controll everyones and i dont think i want to tell you that.

DJsmoothmoney 10:11 09 Oct 06

Hey, all i want to do is to stop anyone else from deleting my files because my last ICT coursework went down the pan thanks to someone destroying it as "a laugh"

Fellsider 10:40 09 Oct 06

"Hey, all i want to do is to stop anyone else from deleting my files....."

Keep a backup then

DJsmoothmoney 15:31 26 Oct 06

The administrators at my school say that: "the computers are 'fixed'" according to them this means that no CD, floppy disk drives, memory card readers or USB slots will work with the computers because we don't have admin rights.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now