Security

logrin 10:57 20 Aug 04

I have read all the articles on security, one question:- Since I had Norton installed with my laptop when I bought it and have religiously updated every time this was requested, do I need to install Zone Alarm and Ad-aware? When I installed these on my previous PC they interfered with my AOL set up.
Should I install these after I run the SP11 program,the last MS Internet Explorer update caused my Norton Antivirus to become unenabled and I had to remove it and reload it with great dificulty
Logrin

no-name 11:10 20 Aug 04

Keep away from Zone Alarm if you're running Norton firewall and anti-virus.

I had huge compatibility problems when I tried to run them together.

Sapins 11:48 20 Aug 04

click here might be of some help before you install SP2

logrin 15:40 20 Aug 04

thanks for your advice, is firewall protection included in my Norton program?
Logrin

Belatucadrus 17:14 20 Aug 04

There are several Norton security packages, some include firewall others don't. As you haven't yet said which one you're running, we can't say for sure. If it's only 'Anti Virus' instead of 'Internet Security ' then the answer is probably no.

If you run SP2 then the windows firwall is going to be enabled, so if you do add a third party firewall click here don't forget to disable the Windows one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…