securing my documents with password

Olly 18:33 02 May 03

In order to stop my grandchildren access of My Documents while they are using the internet is there any way I can 'password' these files and folders

You can password protect writings in MSWord and MSExcel by doing the following :-
Click File > Save As.In the Save As window click Tools > General Options.Fill in `Password to Open` and `Password to Modify`. QED.

Pesala 19:47 02 May 03

Setup separate users for the PC, and log on with a password. One for you and one for the kids. That won't stop them if they are curious and start looking around, but I think it will hide your My Documents folder. It will also mean that they can mess up the start menu and desktop to their hearts content without changing your settings.

If you want SECURE get a separate hard drive and use a drive caddy. One drive for you, and one for the kids. If they download a virus, it won't mess up your work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…