SECURING A HOME UNSECURED NETWORK

Solva 10:07 15 Aug 07

Hello Guys,

I have a query, I recently set up a wireless network using my home PC & a wireless router/modem. The problem is when I did it I set it up as an unsecured network. I would now lik eto make it secure. Problem is my home PC has now basically blown up and wont turn on. Is it possible to change the settings of my network from my laptop and secure it from there? For some reason Im thinking that I need to access my home PC to change the Network settings and thus secure the network.Any help you be much appreciated

johnnyrocker 10:22 15 Aug 07

you might get a bit more help if you try the networking forum?

johnny.

namtas 10:28 15 Aug 07

Many routers are reached by either the Web address "click here" or "click here" Consult your router's documentation to determine the exact address for your model. Note that you do not need a working Internet connection for this step.

Spark6 11:10 15 Aug 07

Make and model of router would help if you're still having problems!

Solva 11:53 15 Aug 07

Ok Its a Netgear DG834G

Thanks

Spark6 20:30 15 Aug 07

My apologies for the delay, have just logged on again. I am using the same router, the address is 192.168.0.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…