Securing Folder

Epocs 11:07 02 Jul 04

I have created a program using HTML and PHP to access a mySQL database using Apache. This site is secure from unauthorised access from the internet or intranet, however the PC it is run from is not secure as it is used by many different people; some will use the software on the machine it is installed on. This means they are able to go into the htdocs file and can edit the PHP files. Does any one know how I can prevent access to the htdocs folder in the Apache directory but still allow access via the web browser?

Lozzy 11:13 02 Jul 04

If your using Win XP Pro get the administrator to allow limted access to that folder for read only.

Epocs 11:16 02 Jul 04

Unfortunatly it will be running on either '98 or XP Home.

Pesala 11:25 02 Jul 04

It was on the May edition of PCA. It creates a host file protected with a password. The drive is invisible to users unless it is opened with the password.

click here

Pesala 11:34 02 Jul 04

Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

16 Mbytes RAM 50 Mbytes Hard Disk Internet Access

bretsky 13:00 02 Jul 04

Try this click here

Epocs 13:19 02 Jul 04

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try folder lock, however I think that these programs will prevent access via internet Explorer as well meaning the program won't run.

Epocs 17:25 02 Jul 04

I have found a partial way round this problem, if I set the folder to hidden it at least can't be accessed by the casual user. However if someone knows a bit about computers they could set folder options to view hidden files, but I can't think of any other options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…