securing computer

jon2 18:12 26 Jan 07

whats the best way to lock my computer so that no one can get in

Totally-braindead 18:14 26 Jan 07

Stick it in a safe I suppose.

Seriously though what exactly do you mean, are you talking about securing a laptop or a desktop PC or a desktop PC and monitor?

jon2 18:16 26 Jan 07

desktop access

VoG II 18:21 26 Jan 07

Do you mean when it is switched on or what?

Totally-braindead 18:26 26 Jan 07

Don't do what I heard of someone doing on a website. An engineer was called out to a business as they complained the computer wasn't working and found the owner of the business had driver a bolt right through the motherboard to secure it to the desk.
It depends what you want to do with it. A lot of monitors can be secured with something like these items click here if you're careful you could actually bolt the PC to the desk, most ones I have seen settle for security bolts mounted somewhere on the case securing a shackle with a padlock of some description.
Or do you mean locking your computer so no one can get into your system rather than physically stealing it?

wjrt 18:28 26 Jan 07

click here

mite help

Totally-braindead 18:37 26 Jan 07

Sorry I realised after I posted what you meant by desktop access. There are programs that are meant to secure your PC but I have never used any of them so cannot say how effective any of them are. From what I am given to understand using windows itself to secure it is not very effective you need another program.
I'm sure the others will help though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac