Secure server...

barryoneoff.co.uk 17:13 15 Feb 04

I am working on my first commercial site using NOF, Oneandone will be hosting.

Trouble is, I've set up a trolley and checkout ok, but need a logo to be displayed. The problem is that because the logo image is held on my existing web space, and the checkout is a secure site, it will cause the message to appear telling customers that both secure and insecure objects will be displayed.

Is there anywhere I can store the logo image on a secure image host? Or does anyone know if 1&1 cater for this?

Cheers, Whiz...

Forum Editor 23:01 15 Feb 04

so why can't you store your logo in the same directory with those?

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:05 15 Feb 04

shopping trolley (a well known one). They advise you about using a secure logo, but dont really offer any alternative.

Forum Editor 23:38 15 Feb 04

the checkout page at all? Maybe if you tell me which trolley it is I can investigate further.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:49 15 Feb 04

they do inform you about the problem, but as I am still working on the main site at the moment I haven't really delved into their PDF manual (it's 56 pages long). I am just configuring the buttons for each item at the moment to get the tedious jobs done first.

It's not really life or death, but the page does look more professional with the logo. Thanks FE, Whiz...

tbh72 01:06 16 Feb 04

I could host your image & provide you with a link to the image if you wish to proceed until you have found a more permament solution.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:52 16 Feb 04

and if I cant work out a solution in the near future, I may take you up on it for a while. It's annoying really, I have so much web space of my own and I cant host a 5kb logo because it needs to be "h t t p s" I am also not very technical!

Cheers, Whiz...

tbh72 01:55 16 Feb 04

Well as I said, e-mail me that 5kb image & i'll host it until you get something sorted.

If you do it now, I'll give you the url in 5 minutes, then you'll be up and running!!!!

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:34 16 Feb 04

before main site is finished and uploaded. Will contact you when satisfied with my logo.

Cheers, Whiz...

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:42 17 Feb 04

and let the other forum members know that I took up the kind offer by tbh72. In the meantime, if anyone does happen to come up with a permanent solution, please let me know.

Cheers, Whiz...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…