Secure Passwords

Angry Kid 20:33 14 Jun 05

Does anyone know of a site that I can use to check how secure my passwords are? :))

Night Ryder 20:49 14 Jun 05

Any advise you will find on wheb web regarding passwords would agree with me. The most effective protection against would be hackers is not to use real words, placing the odd number, dollar sign or similar character in the password.

The only problem then is remembering what password you used.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:53 14 Jun 05

1) There is no such thing as a secure password, ask the American Missile Defence link of computers).

2) You will not get hacked on a home computer.

3) use a mixture of random numbers and letters but anyone with a little computer knowledge would be able to by-pass them in less than 30 seconds. I us ea commercial programme for revealing passwords on computers that have been locked by fed-up employees. The longest that I have had to wait is 10 seconds before the password is revealed.

G

Zaphod Beeblebrox 21:04 14 Jun 05

at least eight characters mixing numbbers letters and characters such as !"£$%^& but as GANDALF <|:-)> has stated if someone with a bit of knowledge was determined to by pass it they would do

Angry Kid 21:26 14 Jun 05

Thanks folks for your comments. I understand and appreciate what you are saying.

Just thought there might have been a site somewhere. :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…