Secure Banking site and Internet Explorer 6

Neill 22:53 12 May 03

I can get to the opening page of my bank site (and most internet sites) but get the white "Cannot display this page" screen when logging in to a more secure site. The bank suggested I reinstall, after downloading, Internet Explorer 6 (after "telling" Windows XP it was no longer there in the Registry). On installing ie I get the "This software hasn't passed the Windows logo test" which is bizarre as it coming from Microsoft, and so aborts the installation. On trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 1 in more hope than anything else, this wouldn't install either and came up with "Make sure the Cryptographic Service is running on this computer"
Any suggestions? Thanks

LastChip 23:01 12 May 03
  doorman 23:30 12 May 03

Try a 'system restore' to a time before the problem started.

Neill 19:19 14 May 03

Tried the suggestion by LastChip but even renaming the cryptographic details as suggested by the Microsoft web site didn't help. Restored the system back two weeks and it now works!!
Thanks for both your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…