Secunia PSI, to use or not to use?

bendigo 16:30 02 Mar 09

I downloaded Secunia PSI a couple of weeks ago and it has been scanning my computer and at present shows 19 threats. 12 insecure, 7 end of life, and also 65 patched. So far I have not gone so far as responding to the advice as I am not sure whether to trust it. Has anyone experience of the program or opinion on it.
I have an HP Pavilion Media Centre pc using XP.

Graphicool1 17:41 02 Mar 09

I've used Secunia online for a couple of years, until they brought out their offline version. Now I use that. You can just run it once a week or so. Or you can leave it running in the background. If you do that it'll tell you when something becomes insecure, if it needs updating or if it's end of life.

I think it's great, you know you will always be bang up to date with all your software.

skidzy 20:03 02 Mar 09

SPSI is sound and a good piece of kit.

To have 19 threats seems to tell me its not starting up and checking for further patches.

Uninstall SPSI and reinstall if its causing issues click here

Ive never heard or seen the " end of life " so cannot comment on that...sorry.

sunnystaines 22:19 02 Mar 09

Means the software is no longer supported by the maker, therefore no more updates to be released concerning flaws that arise.

skidzy 22:37 02 Mar 09

Cheers Sunny,i should have posted better.

I knew what end of life means,but have never seen Secunia actually warn of this.

My apologies for not clarifying my post more clearly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017