Sectioning Hard Drive

STEVE71163 11:32 03 Apr 03

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to section my hard drive in windows xp without reformatting my hard drive? I have a 80gb hard drive and would like to put windows on one part and then all my files etc on the other part.

Many Thanks

STEVE71163 11:38 03 Apr 03

Sorry i mean Partition!

AragornUK 12:36 03 Apr 03

Only with a 3rd party partitioning program like Partition Magic I'm afraid. Like the previous windows versions, ANY attempt to partition will wipe the HDD.

YOu can convert from one file system to another without losing data, and change drive letters. But that's all the freedom MS gave us again :o(

tufnut 13:03 03 Apr 03

I have used "HyperOs" to create several partitions with different operating systems and also independent document drives. All systems can be seen from any (simulated drive).Iam very pleased with it. Allows me to run any software without having to worry about patches and compatability. I am not very computor literate but found it quite easy to install and use. You do not have to "reformat" your hard drive"..Gives any amount of compressed backups of any system. You do not need "System Restore" Which saves a lot of disk space but most of all,itmeans you do not have to overload any of your extra systems. good luck,Tufnut

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…