Secondary Internet Explorer Window

alB 22:19 28 Jul 05

Over the last couple of days, everytime I log onto the internet I get my ISP homepage (Tiscali) but then another window opens up for adult friend finder.com or find old games.com or something or other.com I'm using Zonealarm, AVG antivirus, I've also run AdAware and SpybotSD but I don't seem to be able to get rid of this pest, any ideas please, Windows 2000 O/S and IE6.0 sp1 ...alB

VoG II 22:24 28 Jul 05

Try AntiSpyware click here and a² click here

alB 22:29 28 Jul 05

Thanks for the quick reply, downloading both programs now, will post back after I've scanned the PC, ...alB

alB 23:04 31 Jul 05

Sorry for the delay posting, weekend away, I ran both of the programs you suggested but both came back with an "all clear", the problem still persists, I've noticed the first address that loads is to a site called Filost.com and then after a few seconds it redirects to some really nasty sites, searching Google does give some answers but I'm still not sure how to rectify this problem. I've also tried another prog. called Trojan Hunter but again this tells me my PC is clear of any nasties but something must be hiding away in a corner, any more help would be greatly appreciated...alB

alB 20:16 01 Aug 05

I've managed to come across a solution to my problem, trawled through many hits on Google and found this fix, downloaded and ran Hijack This and from the results fixed the following...

Close all Windows and Browsers, run HijackThis and fix this item.

O21 - SSODL: SystemCheck2 - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34545} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll

Open Windows explorer and delete this file.
C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll

Reboot to reset the registry.

Follow up with a Trojan Scan at any of the follow sites to remove any trace of the trojan.

TrojanHunter
click here
a2 Scanner
click here
Trojan Remover
click here
At first I couldn't delete the C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll as it was still being used by windows but it did remove after a reboot, also downloaded and ran CWShredder, seems to have done the trick...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now