//some 3rd party need geo

Secondary IDE channel missing.

Bowsprit 20:49 28 Jun 04

Tried to format a floppy but it would not as it said it had non removeable data on it,so i removed floppy and the floppy drive started doing a thousand r.p.m. so i stuck in another floppy to keep it quiet and shut down computer.When it restarted i found my two secondary drives were missing from My Computer,Disk Management and Device Manager.I went into bios and checked and they are not being reported. I don't know what happened but it's related to the floppy i was trying to format as i remember it had a disk recovery\erase program on it that i was using a few days ago on another computer.Any ideas on this problem.

Bowsprit 12:10 03 Jul 04

I had no replies to this post but eventually sussed it out and this may help someone if same thing happens.It had nothing to do with floppy or recovery disk i was using, it was caused by the two CD drives a Optorite and a LiteOn which could not coexist on the same secondary channel and caused the faults.Swapped about and problem cured.

Graham ® 12:18 03 Jul 04

Noted, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…