Second router when one is switched off

james300 23:49 PM 11 Feb 13

Hi, this is the situation. One router is in a different bedroom to mine which my uses to connect to the internet. When this router is switched off, would it be possible to just have a second router in my room which I switch on and continue to use the net?

onthelimit1 08:52 AM 12 Feb 13

Why is the other router being switched off? They are better to be left on.

james300 14:00 PM 12 Feb 13

Because I live with an OCD nutsack.

Forum Editor 19:21 PM 12 Feb 13

"would it be possible to just have a second router in my room which I switch on and continue to use the net?"

Yes, provided the second router is connected to the same landline, and is configured to authenticate with whichever company provides the broadband service.

In practical terms it would be better to come to some arrangement with the other person, who is presumably worried that you'll download half the world's film output in his/her absence.

kam900 15:19 PM 20 Feb 13

In the situation your second router must be stay connected your same landline. before switch on the router please carefully check all connection are working properly. In-case fall any problem you may see for helping http://www.techyv.com/questions/problem-linksys-wireless-g-router

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites