Second Optical Drive

charles60 10:13 28 Jan 11

Hi I am going to build my super computer in the next few mths I am thinking of getting this as my optical drive Samsung SH-B123L as i might want to watch a few Blue rays Is this OK or is there anything better? ( I dont want to copy Blue-ray just need it to watch) But someone who knows more about computers than I do. Said that it would be a good idea also to get a second DVD/CD Drive if I play games & wish to Copy cds.etc and as DVD/CD Drives are so cheap it would also be a good back up if so any recomadations on which drive? Please Thanks

northumbria61 10:52 28 Jan 11

Morning Charles - If I am correct you posted this the other day and were given advice on the Samsung SH-B123L (which is for your Blu-Ray)

For a 2nd DVD/CD drive you have plenty to choose from here click here

northumbria61 10:55 28 Jan 11
  charles60 11:11 28 Jan 11

OPss! SO SORRY northumbria61 forgot it must be my age 61 you know :-) memory going must write things down on them sticky pads trouble cant remember where i have put them. Jesus see what you mean mate Thousands of the little buggers. Does it matter which make or does it not make that much difference @ that price and is it right about a second drive. Again mate sorry about the repeat of the question that I did above

northumbria61 11:40 28 Jan 11

Come on Charles - you are younger than me. Throw away those "sticky pads" you don't need em just yet.
Any of those on the 1st page would be okay. Make is just a matter of personal choice and they are "cheap as chips" these days. I have had several different makes over the years. I currently have a Samsung but LG have come on "leaps and bounds" recently - there's 2 listed bottom right - well both are the same model- so if yo decide to go for LG you may as well choose the "Retail" version (quick code 190671) Take a look through them and read the reviews. Good luck.

charles60 12:19 28 Jan 11

Cheers mate when I saw the 61 beside your name i thought you we where the same age. I will throw them sticky pads and thanks for the help :-)

northumbria61 13:43 28 Jan 11

"when I saw the 61 beside your name i thought you we where the same age" - I was when i created it - 7yrs ago! How time flies!

northumbria61 13:43 28 Jan 11

Don't forget to put a tick in box and click as "resolved"

charles60 14:59 28 Jan 11

Done that. Again thanks and have a good week-end

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…