second mouse problem

kimtrnc 15:36 10 Oct 06

I want to replace an elderly Logitech USB mouse, connected to a PS2 port via an adaptor, with a smart new optical mouse. The only way I am ableto install the new mouse( whilst using the original to control windows) is by direct connection to a USB port, which I don't really want to spare. How can I get the new mouse connected to the PS2 port, please?
TIA
Kim

Eric10 15:47 10 Oct 06

Switch off the computer. Remove your old mouse and replace it with the new one. Restart the computer and it should use the new mouse with basic functions so that you can install any special features from the disk or CD that came with it.

kimtrnc 16:11 10 Oct 06

Tried that - left me with a pointer on the screen but no mouse control until I plugged it back into the USB hub. Even tried uninstalling through control panel: that left me in a bit of a mess, mouseless, and took a little while to fathom out!

Peants68 22:02 10 Oct 06

Try using a PS2/USB adaptor - very often come with new mices to cure problem of too few USB ports.

Second point keep a cheapie corded mouse to overcome problem of the others not working.

Best of luck - we all have to learn the hard way.

Peants68 22:08 10 Oct 06

Sorry, see you already have the adpaptor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now