Second internal HD

iqs 15:47 01 Sep 07

Hello.

Scenario,I have to use PC Angel to resore my PC back to factory presets.Does this mean I will have to re-install my second internal HD?.
Why I ask,I have a mirror image of my HD created with Aronis on the second HD.I was hoping if the worse happens,to use PC Angel,install Acronis,then use the saved image.
Thanks

SANTOS7 16:27 01 Sep 07

Your slave drive will stay exactly how you left it, and as long as you have verified your acronis backup
you should have no problems restoring your C:/ drive..

Why mention backup verification? I DIDN'T once cost me the whole shebang...

Diemmess 17:49 01 Sep 07

Unfamiliar with PC Angel but it seems to be already installed on many readymade computers.

Acronis (version 10) will do much the same thing but I use it as a regular means of backing up the primary system drive.
The eldest backup is usually deleted once the most recent has been verified.

The advantage of Acronis (to me) is twofold.

1) Safe in the knowledge that the most recent good system can be restored and running in a matter of minutes.

2) Using Acronis CD to boot the computer keeps the Primary drive "locked and cold" whether I'm backing up or restoring.

In fact there is no need to install anything on recovery, the booting Acronis disk will find the precious backup and will restore to the drive you specify. (there are checks all along the way).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…