Second hardrive

I want to put a second hardrive in my computer. Is it easy!? I mean is it possible as I already have 2 Cd drives (DVD Rom and DVD RW). I get confused by the master/slave options and jumpers etc. Please advise.

oseven 20:21 24 Feb 06

It's fairly easy as long as you are sensible.The new hard drive must be set as the slave.The jumper is a small plug on the back of the hard drive which you simply pull out and put onto the slave pins.there are a lot of sites which will show you how to do the whole thing quite easily.Good luck.

handy4x 20:22 24 Feb 06

your exsisting drive with the operating system on it will be masterkeep it that way and the new drive will be slave if you have installed a cd rom then the principal is the same conect the cables ect

TonyV 20:35 24 Feb 06

I did it and took advice from this link.
click here It was so much easier than I thought and it is working fine with no problems. I also have a DVD Rom and CD RW. I just fitted it beneath my existing Hard Drive. Then followed the very good instructions from Seagate.

TonyV

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:46 24 Feb 06
  terryf 23:49 24 Feb 06

One very easy way is to fit an external USB HD

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:53 24 Feb 06

An external HD is a much better and easier option...you can just unplug it and take it with you.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…