second hard drive

civicr 13:07 11 Jan 11

Is it possible to get my music library from windows media player thats on a second drive in the pc , i have just built a new pc and put my old drive as a second drive and cant get my music off it . Is it possible.
Ta
civicr

xania 13:28 11 Jan 11

You don't say whether your HHD is IDE or SATA. I'm assuming that it is IDE and you may therefore need to ensure that your jumpers are set correctly before your new PC will see it. This is particularly important if your new PC has a SATA drive and your old drive is IDE. If you set up the old drive as primary, your PC may look for the OS on this drive rather than going directly to the SATA drive. You need to check that your motherboard will support both types of HHD. You may find this helpful

click here

If your mobo does not suport both types, you may need to get a USB HHD holder. This will also be useful if you subsequently wnat to use your old IDE drive as off-line back-up/storage.

Terry Brown 13:57 11 Jan 11

Instead of using windows Media Player, goto RUN, SEARCH and tick the MUSIC option. This will find all music related files on your system.
You can then highlight the ones you want and copy (or move) to the new drive.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5