Second hard disk.

asstec 11:12 05 Jan 05

I want to transfer all the data on my existing disk to a new one so they both have XP operating systems on them.I have done it before with ide disks but these are sata disks with no slave and master so what happens when you boot the computer.Can you still make one the boot disk.

bri-an 13:45 05 Jan 05

Not an answer to your query, I'm afraid, asstec, but how did you go about transfering the XP operating system to a second hard drive? I'm about to buy a 2nd drive and want to achieve this. Thanks.

Lightchop 14:13 05 Jan 05

In answer to the last posters question, see if you can find a copy of HDcopy.exe. Simple program which clones the entire contents of your master HD onto the slave fitted to the second channel. The software was freeware at one time, but I've not seen it around recently.

asstec 14:13 05 Jan 05

Best way is to use software from drive manufacturer,Maxtor have Maxblast,Western Digital have Lifeguard etc. which transfers all the data to new drive.You can also use Norton Ghost or Partition Magic if you have them.

bri-an 18:43 05 Jan 05

Thanks, guys, and best of luck getting your own original Q answered, asstech. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…