//some 3rd party need geo

SECOND HAND LAPTOP FOR MY DAUGHTER

cazbay 12:58 15 Dec 05

Hi I have just brought a lap top for my daughter off a friend who has upgraded and was wondering if I could do a full system restore without a orginal disk.I dont know much just the basics help would be great

sharkfin 14:49 15 Dec 05

To do a full system restore, your going to need the setup files from somewhere and if you dont have a disk then its not going to happen. Do you have a recovery disk or windows Xp serial number of some sort?

If you have the serial, you could always borrow someone eles disk.

cazbay 15:01 15 Dec 05

Thanx for the reply my brother has a windows pro disc with code that came with his old comp could i use that

cazbay 15:03 15 Dec 05

It is all set up for the internet but cause it isnt orginal it hasnt got the service disc 2.I havent got a clue what that is newbies hey lol,do i need that.

DieSse 15:44 15 Dec 05

Does it work?

If it does what's the problem?

If it doesn't, what's the problem.

service disk 2 - what's that? - do you mean service pack 2?

What operating system has it got now?

cazbay 17:15 15 Dec 05

Yes it does work
Yes I did mean service pack 2
I was told that it would be no good because it didnt have sp2

Sorry did warn you i didnt know anything

DieSse 17:47 15 Dec 05

Assuming you've got WindowsXP then - SP2 can be downloaded from the microsoft update site, alnog with other later updates. If you have a BroadBand connection, this will be starightforward.

OR - you can order one from MS here click here

OR you can ask around friends to see if any of them have it on a magazine CD, or even a download or official MS CD that you can copy.

cazbay 17:56 15 Dec 05

Thanx for the info its all double dutch to me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…