SECOND HAND LAPTOP

xptosmtbd 07:54 04 May 04

Hi, I am looking to buy a second hand laptop, I will mainly use it for the internet, I dont need a wireless connection as I will be using a phone socket, and I wont be using it for games etc. Just a few files will be kept on it. What are the specifications I should be looking at to be able to use it with a broadband connection. Also what is the differance between a notebook and a laptop?......Thanks in advance...Sandra

Diodorus Siculus 08:07 04 May 04

notebook / laptop - interchangeable terms for the same item.

All depends on what you want it for - web-browsing, office applications etch require little in the way of processing power by todays standards.

Go for about 1.6Ghz processor with 256 RAM and you will be ok.

Also depends on what you want to pay - you can get a new Toshiba for about £600 or so.

A network port will be useful for BB internet; a cd-rw drive useful for backing up data.

Diodorus Siculus 08:11 04 May 04

click here for some good deals on second user machines; bigpockets.co.uk also have regular deals.

xptosmtbd 08:13 04 May 04

Hi, Thanks for your swift answer. I only want to pay about £300. I will be using it for browsing the web and uploading things to E-Bay, receiving and sending lots of e-mails. I can pay more but because I only want it for these things I dont want to pay too much. However I am a little afraid of buying secondhand for obvious reasons.

Diodorus Siculus 08:19 04 May 04

That budget should get you something good:

click here

Toshiba Tecra 8000 PII 300 Laptop, 64MB RAM, 8 Gig HDD, DVD, 14.1 inch TFT Screen - £225

click here

xptosmtbd 08:32 04 May 04

Thanks for everything I will certaily look into this site......Sandra

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…