Second Freeserve Connection

ened 10:25 05 Mar 05

I hope somebody can help because I am getting no response from Wanadoooo.

I have a Broadband connection with FreeServe.

I have a second property which I wish to connect to the internet via a dial-up modem.

I want to use their 'pay-as-you-go' option.

Is it possible to set up the acount from here so that when I go over there I can just stick a modem in the machine, create the relevent account in Network Connections and be connected?

In other words I want to set up an a/c manually.

FelixTCat 10:39 05 Mar 05

Yes, just go to their site and register, choose your email address, password, etc.

You normally get the option to view the details, but even if they just download a file to your computer, all you need is the dial-up number and password. Copy these to your other computer.

Because these accounts are location independent, you can have the same account at both locations if you wish.

You can also view and download incoming email through your broadband connection, if you wish, but you cannot send email from that address via broadband.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:42 05 Mar 05

You should be able to use PAYG from any telephone.

It is only the Anytime / broadband packages that are limited to the phone number specified.

I used to connect my laptop from home or work to log on to freeserve via PAYG. Aswell as the desktop at home.

Just enter the phone number and password in the connection box in internet options.

Set up you outlook (pop.freeserve.co.uk / smtp.freeserve.co.uk) as per the account setting on the first PC.

ened 13:42 05 Mar 05

My thanks to you both.

FelixTCat 13:59 05 Mar 05

You're welcome. Please give this the big green tick if you are happy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…