SECOND EMAIL ADDRESS

JerryH 21:02 30 Jun 08

I have a long-standing email address and am inundated with junkmail. I have ZoneAlarm which duly shunts the trash into its junkmail file, but I want to get rid of it altogether. Is best route to set up a second email address (not a sub-account), let contacts know of change and after a week or two close first account? If so, how do I go about it? My ISP is BTinternet and their advice notes are useless.

MAT ALAN 21:18 30 Jun 08

click here

persevere it will serve you well...

Clapton is God 21:18 30 Jun 08

Simply set up a new address at Google Mail or Hotmail for instance. Tell all those you want to know about the new address and simply ignore the original address.

Remove it from your e-mail client if it's set to receive mail sent to the original address.

lotvic 21:24 30 Jun 08

I hardly ever use the email addy of my ISP
I use free gmx you can have up to 10 email addresses and can collect in Outlook Express and/also webmail click here

JerryH 06:20 05 Jul 08

Thanks for suggestions!
Mat Alan: Tried Mailwasher, but didn't solve my key issue - namely avoid all junk so I never see it.
Clapton & lotvic: I'm lazy and don't want the extra clicks involved with a web-based address.
My solution (after hrs on BT's - thankfully free - helpline) is a new primary email address and putting my old email address as a sub-account which will continue to receive the wall of junk, plus some genuine emails. After an interval I'll terminate the sub-account.

ronalddonald 06:24 05 Jul 08

could try click here thats www. googlemail. com. there you can set up new emails but, you would have to got google home page to access them as there is no way to let u know when u receive them.

So if you check once a day great.

Clapton is God 12:59 05 Jul 08

"don't want the extra clicks involved with a web-based address"

You can set up Google e-mail to be delivered via your e-mail client (such as Outlook Express).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017