Second e-mail account

Rodz 22:06 19 Oct 06

Hi,
My main PC is located upstairs and my wireless laptop downstairs. I am using Netgear DG834G.
My mail account is on the main PC and is Outlook, I want to put Outlook Express on the laptop.
I want to use the same e-mail address
1. How do I set it up on the laptop and
2. Will some mail go to each PC?
Thanks
Rodz

Devil Fish 00:31 20 Oct 06

usually to set up an email acoount

you would need your username and password and the pop 3 and smtp server names

outlook express has an account set up wizard that is fairly straight forward providing you have the above details

as for downloading your mail will download to wich ever machine you are using to download it
however be aware that once downloaded to one machire you will not be able to download again on the other unless you have some way of retaining it on the server

terryf 11:49 20 Oct 06

You can export your email account from OE>accounts> export and then using file sharing go to the other computer and import the account. As said above, you will end up very confused if you download from one and then the other PC because you will end up with some (different) emails on each machine. Better to use webmail on one and OE on the other

namtas 21:02 20 Oct 06

Set up another account, a replica of that which you have set up on your main PC, it doesn’t matter to the system which is in use it just sees a user. You now have a choice. If you elect to leave emails on the server you will end up with one duplicate emails on both PC's as you will retrieve a single copy of each email each time you go online with each PC.

However possibly the better option is to set to not leave mail on server and you will only get one copy going to whichever computer you are using when the mail comes in

namtas 21:05 20 Oct 06

Ps If you get a copy of an email on one machine you can of course send it to yourself on the other machine if the information is important

Rodz 21:08 20 Oct 06

Thanks everybody for that, printed your replies off so I can settle down and work on it.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac