Second display won't show TV

impala 09:55 13 Dec 06

I have set up two screens. The one a "master" the other a clone (or vice versa). The PC connects to the Sony Flat Panel via DVI. The clone works 100% as a second desktop but I'm unable to see the output from a TV tuner card or from DVDs played on Nero or Media Player on the clone. On the other hand I can see TV and TV fine on the flat panel via GB-PVR and DVDs via Power DVD. Have tried replicating the deasktop on the clone but all I get is the "empty" XP background scene.Doesn't make sense!
(VIA P4M800, Hauupauge 350, Radeon 9250, XP Pro with SP2, Syncmaster and Sony FWD-42PV1 (clone))
Any suggestions appreciated.
Mike

howard64 17:28 13 Dec 06

assuming it is a single card with 2 outputs visit the makers site and look at their faqs - you may need to download the latest drivers.

anskyber 17:45 13 Dec 06

Have you thought of using the set up with the second monitor as an extended desktop. That is the arrangement I have and programs in the second monitor open there. (for me its Outlook and Skype)

If I want something always opening in screen 2 I slide the window over there and maximise it which locks it into the position I want, it can always be brought back if I want.

Technotiger 17:45 13 Dec 06

Hi, I am not sure of the details, but I think this is down to the 'Refresh Rates' being different on the two screens.

impala 07:07 26 Feb 07

Thanks. I've tried all the above but not really solved the problem. I have since installed GBPVR and now I can see all on the (second) Sony panel (via GBPVR), DVDs, Live TV the lot. Perhaps I should just be happy with this! But still unable to see any other (video) app (Nero Showtime, Win Media Player 10 or TV via the Hauppauge TV2000 link. Tried the extended desktop route but all I get is a still of the XP screen. But I'm quite able to operate the PC (using a second wireless keyboard/mouse) to show everything except video on the Sony panel. Infuriating!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017