second chance power quest

porridge 13:56 01 Dec 04

I run windows xp professional and to my disgust I cannot get a single restore point to work although I have today tried half a dozen different ones. Does anyone there have any suggestions or is this experience nothing special? When on Windows 98 SE I used Second Chance for this kind of recovery and found it very good. However Power Quest has been absorbed by Symantec and I can find no trace of Second Chance on that site. Is ther perhaps anothet program which is equally good. Any hekp available will be appreciated.

Porridge.

porridge 21:41 01 Dec 04

bump

JoeC 21:51 01 Dec 04

Drive Image ( now Symantec ) and thought I would update it. I got Ghost but it just would not work with my system - Win XP - so ditched it for Acronis TrueImage. Acronis worked a treat and backed up to CDr as well as a separate partion on existing hard drive.
It is capable of backing up whilst in Windows and, since installing it, I have disabled System Restore as well.

GaT7 22:45 01 Dec 04

There's another SecondChance-like program called GoBack that you could try, but as JoeC suggests, a drive-imaging tool is preferred. Though I use Norton Ghost (on Win98se), I've heard DriveImage & True Image are more user-friendly.

You may find these FAQs, How-to guide & T'shooting tips on using System Restore helpful - click here. G

porridge 13:59 02 Dec 04

Joe C and Crossbow. Many thanks for your help. I have managed to find True Image and hope to be able to use it soon. Your help much appreciated.

Porridge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced