searchweb 2 toolbar

ramsay29 12:40 24 Sep 04

Hi folks

This annoying toolbar has appeared have tried adaware which couldn't remove it. Have Hijack this but don't know where to start. It also adds a toolbar onto bottom of desktop and icons on desktop.

Hugely irritating. Don't want to pay for programs which claim to get rid only to find they don't.

Any ideas

ventanas 12:50 24 Sep 04

You can try this click here

Old Shep 12:52 24 Sep 04

Is it in blue and has a few tabs like gambling /dating etc

ramsay29 13:01 24 Sep 04

Hi
Tried cw shredder already and says my system is clean. Yes it s blue toolbar at bottom with things you mentioned.

Old Shep 13:33 24 Sep 04

If it is this click here then it came with msn plus an add on for messenger click here

byfordr 14:15 24 Sep 04

cwshredder and spybot may help

R

SANTOS7 14:17 24 Sep 04

The searchweb 2 toolbar and homepage highjacker is a particularly nasty piece of work, BUT at the bottom of search2 home page there is a help link which has all the uninstallers you need to be rid of this thing, how do i know, had it couple of weeks ago, pulled my hair out for most of it till i found link,good luck

byfordr 14:18 24 Sep 04

click here for cwshredder
spybot click here

Stop them getting on in the first place ww.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

R

byfordr 14:20 24 Sep 04

You could trial pest patrol or the cleaner click here for free

R

ramsay29 14:22 24 Sep 04

My son had installed latest messenger plus and had allowed add ons. uninstalled messenger plus and it has gone.

Cheers again folks as I was pulling my hair out

SANTOS7 14:22 24 Sep 04

I use spyware blaster, spybot and most of others mentioned this spyware cunning piece of kit seems to get through anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced