searching a website before visiting it - JR virus

goforit 18:35 17 May 09

Having just seen the news about the new virus threat, I am wondering how I check out a website before clicking on it.

I know AVG will do this with Google search results but I have NOD32 by Eset. I have paid for the antivirus, antispyware, firewall and antispam version.

I also have malwarebytes and (not yet installed but downloaded) the superantispyware software.

Still not sure how I can check out a website before visiting it though.

Any help appreciated. My college has been infected by the Conficker virus. I have managed to avoid that so far but there are more and more threats out there!

Belatucadrus 19:05 17 May 09

One option is the "Scan with DrWeb" extension that's available for most browsers click here .It will not clash with incumbent AV software, but is a manual scan that gets DrWeb to check out a weblink when pointed at it. So useful if you have concerns over a link you've been sent, but not going to provide any automated protection when you browse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…