Searching for a website using a telephone number

VNAM75 21:57 26 Jul 05

The other day I looked on the autotrader site and found a car I was interested in buying, but I did not note down the address or garage name. The car is no longer on the autotrader site, it may have been sold.

I did note down the telephone number but I was too late today when calling them. Is there any way I can find the website using a telephone as the search criteria on the internet? Searching on google and yahoo brings no results.

stalion 22:00 26 Jul 05

what site are you trying to find?

VNAM75 22:13 26 Jul 05

stalion, I'm trying to find a car dealers site that was advertised in autotrader on Friday. I only noted down their telephone number and know they're in Stockport, but can't remember the name or address.

stalion 22:15 26 Jul 05

have a look and see if it's here
click here

stalion 22:16 26 Jul 05

or here click here

stalion 22:26 26 Jul 05

or here click here

Stuartli 22:26 26 Jul 05

Try click here.

You also say: "..but I was too late today when calling them."

Did you not think to ask the name of the garage at the time?

VNAM75 22:43 26 Jul 05

Thanks stalion and stuartli for the links, will take a look. stuartli, what it was, is that I noted the telephone no. on Friday, lost the note on the saturday and only found the note today. When I called them today there was no one to answer as they had shut for business for the day.

I could just phone them in the morning but it's been driving me a bit crazy these past few days, :-) that's why I wanted to try to find them on the net tonight, if it was possible by some detective work.

Stuartli 22:48 26 Jul 05

That explains it. You gave the impression you were too late for the car...:-)

click here is a wonderful tool (it's the equivalent of the Directory Enquiries service), but with much more going for it.

You may have to register but you get a number of free enquiries credits on a regular basis.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…