searching for si3112r.sys file

brig 19:48 17 Nov 03

new build. loading xp home and sata raid drivers.
disabled udma in bios to get past "verifying dmi pool data " install ok press f6 etc., insert floppy when requested choose xp get message "cant find si3112r.sys file" niether can i, as i cant find it in the sata raid drvers on the utility cd or in the drivers downloaded from silicone image web site.
anybody got any info on this. glad of any help

ga-7n400pro m/b
amd 2500barton
2xmaxtor 80gb sata raid
2x256 twin xtms corsair
radeon 9200
enermax 3500 watts

BarryKeith 20:10 17 Nov 03

Just put"si3112r.sys" into google, you should be able to locate where the file is available and where it resides.

Chegs ® 21:16 17 Nov 03
  cycoze 22:05 17 Nov 03

the drivers are on your Motherboard cd , if you have access to another pc , insert the disc and switch the programme off (it will tell you it doesent support that board).

Go to the drive in `My Computer` and right click it and select `open`.

Open the `other` folder , now open the SiI folder , you should now see 2 folders named Si3112 this is the sata drivers and Si3112r this is the raid drivers .

Inside each of these folders is another folder of the same name ie:Si3112 > Si3112 .

Open this folder and click on `edit`(browser) then click `select all` you can then right click the full selection and send it to floppy .

Do the same for the next lot of drivers, you now have to floppies , 1 with Sata drivers and 1 with Raid drivers , dont forget to label them.

When you get to loading XP press F6 and follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…