Searching the internet

Conney 19:06 03 May 09

Internet Explorer opens with my home page, as normal. I can access internet sites which are listed under 'favourites' such as Streetmaps, Odeon and AA route planner
But I cannot open the Google search page (Google-Live Search) so I cannot search the internet for new site, as I previously could. I get a message saying 'Internet Explorer cannot download results.aspx from search.live.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The request site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.' I have tried several times beginning yesterday so it is not a temporary problem.

tullie 19:15 03 May 09

h

tullie 19:17 03 May 09

Oops,how about downloading the Google toolbar?

OTT_Buzzard 19:17 03 May 09

When you open a site from your favourites are they opening from cache or are they 'refreshing'?

Try opening a site from your favourites list then click refresh page and see if it still works.

Would be very odd for only favourites to open and nothing else.

Conney 19:28 03 May 09

Thanks OTT Buzzard. I did as you suggested and the site still works. Not being a technical guy I'm not sure what that tells me.

Thanks tullie - how do I download the Google toolbar?

DieSse 19:56 03 May 09

searchlive.com is the Microsoft search engine, not Google.

You can change the default search engine to Google by going to Tools - Internet Options - click the Settings button on the Search Defaults line. Select Google.

Or type click here into the address bar

Conney 20:39 03 May 09

Thanks tullie, OTT Buzzard and DieSse for your advice. I have added a Google tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…