search.fst and Clickbank

Whenever I try to open my internet browser when not connected to broadband, the page flickers rapidly and 'search.fst' appears on the bottom bar. It is as if the homepage has been hijacked and is desperately trying to find this site (if it is a site). However, all is normal when I'm already connected to broadband.

I have run 'a squared', 'CCleaner', 'Cleanup!' 'Spybot'; 'Adaware' and 'AVG'with no result. I've looked in the System 32 file but can't see anything amiss and neither is 'search.fst' recognised when I run a search in regedit. Is it likely a nasty is lurking which is immune to these programmes, and could it be connected to the pest called 'Clickbank' which is flashing up a message every two minutes that Windows has detected spyware and inviting me to download a programme (which I haven't done!)

Many thanks for your help with this.

Lionheart ? 20:33 13 Jul 04

Try SpywareBlaster see if your homepage has been hijacked click here

Lionheart - Spywareblaster doesn't detect anything amiss.

SANTOS7 10:02 14 Jul 04

click here download and run CWSHREDDER from here, link is at bottom of page.

Thanks SANTOS7. I've now tried CWShredder. Although it found a nasty lurking in the system I didn't realise was there, it hasn't got rid of which keeps coming back even though I delete it in the 'search assistant' part of the registry. Any further tools which could help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…