Search.exe

pac73 22:06 31 Dec 06

Ive done a scan with Panda Active Scan,and its found Search.exe.Ive since scanned with,adaware se,spybot,superantispyware,a2 and avg antispyware but none of these find it.Is there a specific tool i need to use?

Press Man 22:15 31 Dec 06

Try here, this should find and remove your problem!
click here

pac73 21:13 01 Jan 07

Housecall did,nt find it.There must be a removal tool for this,or a decent antispy prog.

skidzy 21:29 01 Jan 07
  skidzy 21:31 01 Jan 07

and may help click here

pac73 21:37 01 Jan 07

Cws shredder didnt find anything.And the link you gave me i downloaded,but its asking me to install Spyhunter.Is,nt that a rogue program.

skidzy 21:41 01 Jan 07

I do believe it was removed from spywarewarrior rogue list,though i havnt checked lately.

I currently have Mcafee siteadvisor and it lists it ok.

Will have a look now,be back in a while Pac

skidzy 21:46 01 Jan 07

click here it has been delisted,but not totally recommended.So i do apologise about the link.Will try to find something else.

pac73 21:49 01 Jan 07

I had a look on spywarewarrior as well.Even though its been delisted i dont want to use it.I really appreciate your help.

skidzy 21:56 01 Jan 07

Ive had a quick look via Google,and cannot find another removal tool,there is the manual fix but this means deleting from the registry.....can be a bit dangerous.

If i do come across anything,il let you know Pac.

gudgulf 22:20 01 Jan 07

Did the Panda scan give the exact location of the file Search.exe?

It may be a false positive...........Search,exe seems to be a well known file so ALL decent antimalware scanners should pick it up.Especially the likes of AVG Antispyware,A2 and SuperAntispyware which are collectively as good as it gets with regards to adware/spyware detection.

Knowing the location of the file would help make sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…