Search Web Now!

Goolie 20:28 13 Nov 03

I am having trouble getting rid of a toolbar called: tshssdrblcr.

Also my home page keeps changing to: mysearchnow.com.

Whatever web page I look at the mysearchnow.com home page appears within seconds, This is rendering my Internet Explorer Useless.

I have searched for any installed programs related to this, with no avail, also deleted all cookies.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this CRAP.?

Cheers

toni b 20:33 13 Nov 03

click here it has something with in it that stops your home page being hijacked as well as getting rid of all you spy ware
Regards Toni

hugh-265156 20:34 13 Nov 03

spybot or adaware should remove it.

click here and click here

install and update both and run one at a time,remove all they find.

TommyRed 20:40 13 Nov 03

Try these solutions from a previous thread click here . HTH TR

Goolie 21:03 13 Nov 03

Thanks huggyg71

Have tried what you suggested but the toolbar 'tshssdrblcr' still keeps coming back and removes the google toolbar that I want to keep.

hugh-265156 21:08 13 Nov 03

anything in add remove programs? try:

click start/run and type msconfig

click the start up tab and untick everything except your AV and firewall then restart.

when starting the computer do so in safe mode tap f8 or f5 when it starts up.

once in windows click start/search and type in "tshssdrblcr"

remove it if found.restart.

phil 21:17 13 Nov 03

For a quick check to see what you've got click this and see what the detection script comes up with.

click here

If you have something it'll then advise on getting rid of it.

phil 21:20 13 Nov 03

In fact looking at the And.dox site this is what it says for 'MySearch'

An IE toolbar providing search features, and a homepage-/search-hijacker, targeted at the sites run by MyWay. (The same people as iWon.com, writers of the Aornum parasite.)

Variants
MySearch/MySearch was the first variant, targeted at mysearch.com.

MySearch/MyWay uses different filenames and is targeted at myway.com itself.

MySearch/MyWeb is a new variant targeted at mywebsearch.com.

Also known as
MyWay Speed Bar.

Distribution
The MySearch and MyWay variants have been bundled with Grokster, Morpheus, WeatherBug, and software from mgshareware.com. MySearch has also been installed by the FavoriteMan parasite.

The MyWeb variant is bundled with software (Popswatter, SmileyCentral, My Mail Stamp) from “Fun Web Products” (the same people as MyWay).

What it does
Advertising
No. (The search results may contain advertising, but the toolbar itself does not generate any.)

Privacy violation
No.

Security issues
In the MySearch MyWay variants, no. There is an update feature, but it prompts you before running code.

In the MyWeb variant, yes: it is installed by an ActiveX downloader control which stays around and can be used by web sites to install software from Fun Web Products without warning.

Stability problems
None known.

Removal
Open 'Add/Remove Programs' in the Control Panel. Select the 'My Search Bar' (MySearch variant), 'MyWay Speed Bar' (MyWay) or 'My Web Search Bar' (MyWeb) entry and click 'Remove'. For the MyWeb variant, be sure to also remove 'Fun Web Products Easy Installer'.

You can then reset your home page (Internet Options->General->Start Page) if it has been changed, and search settings (Internet Options->Programs->Reset web settings).

muppetmark 21:29 13 Nov 03

try Hijack this from click here and also view the tutorial there

VoG II 21:39 13 Nov 03

There is probably something in the registry that is causing this to keep reappearing (I speak from recent personal experience and woodchip and Jester pointed me in the right direction).

Start, Run and enter

REGEDIT

and click OK to start the registry editor.

Before you do anything create a backup on the desktop using File/Export. If things go pear-shaped you can double click this to restore the registry.

Then Edit/Find and look for tshssdrblcr and mysearchnow and when each is found press the DEL key and OK to confirm.

Then exit the registry editor and reboot.

Goolie 22:42 13 Nov 03

Thanks for your replies, Sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…