Search Toolbar

CDL 15:29 03 Dec 04

I appear to have been invaded by My Search Now and am unable to remove their awful program/toolbar etc. there is no option in Add/Delete progs etc There do not appear to be any reg entries as per instrutions posted following similar previous postings. I have used : hijack This,Spysweeper AdAwarex Eliminator,Adware SE and Spybot -all without sucess. I have also ran the CWsearch shredder - agin no luck. Also now I get a noification from spybot of a searcbar registry change every couple of mins - everytime with a dfferent ridiculous web address - a 'jumbleofletters'.com

Any Suggestins please

ACOLYTE 15:36 03 Dec 04

If you are using xp i would look in c/docs and settings all users application data(the application data is a hidden file so you need to show all folders in tools, folder options, view)
look in there and see if there is a folder with the name you mention also any other you don't recognise,you may need to be in safe mode to delete the contents,and there may be more than 1 entry,Then look in msconfig (start,run type,msconfig) in the start up list and disable what is associated with the search bar.Then run scans agian with system restore turned off.

ACOLYTE 15:42 03 Dec 04

P.S,

should have said there is an application dater folder for each user so you may have to check each user as sometimes they put in more than 1 file.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:23 03 Dec 04
  happy dragon 18:12 03 Dec 04

click here d/l the two removal programe and run them both it sounds like they are lop.com tool bars goog lucky i had them both and these have removed been clean for over a week adaware spybot detected them removed them but they kept coming back

happy dragon 18:17 03 Dec 04

they are usally installed in free/shareware programs and will keep installing as long as you keep the programe thats why they keep returning if you read through the license acceptance agreement it will tell you about third party programs and if there is any in the programe you are wanting to install if you are not sure dont accept the d/l if its not lop.com let us know

ramsay29 19:20 03 Dec 04

You haven't by any chance loaded msn messenger plus. my son did recently and this toolbar appeared. The problem was at the loading stage it asks you if you agree to terms, but also to have their sponsers. If you have then take it off and reload declining the above.

If you haven't then obviously ignore

CDL 18:16 06 Dec 04

Thanks all for you help - eventually got all cleaned up;using a combination of all tactics !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…