search problem within word

pooperscooper 08:39 17 Feb 07

Hi, I usualy have no problem seaching for documents I have saved in word just by tyoing in a part of the documents contents...However I do a lot of labels with addresses and keep them, or save them all...I do a lot maybe 20 addresses a day, and save every page of addresses dated...But when someone e-mails me to say that they have received something I have sent them I type their address in the search facility for documents and it never finds the lable, it would be so much easier if I could find their address this way rather than trollimg through loads of pages of labels, 21 to a page, and having to look at each page and find it myslf....Can anyone tell me how I can search in Lables.....I am using xp home.....Thanks

Technotiger 08:53 17 Feb 07

click here

click here

Are either of these any good to you.

pooperscooper 09:49 17 Feb 07

Hi, Thanks but I thing you have misunderstood, I meant how can I search for labels in word, i.e. I have sent Mrs. Smith a parcel through e-bay, I have kept her address on a lable sheet along with lots of others 21 to a sheet, I have a months worth of sheets saved, how do I find mrs. smith address again so that I can check if I actually sent her her parcel, in other words if her address is nowhere to be found then I know that couldn't have sent it....The uaual search function on the start menu, does not find mrs. smith, even though I have tested this by actually typing out a address and saved it within an address labels in word, God I hope you understand what I am saying I am terrible at trying to explain thing.....Val

Technotiger 10:12 17 Feb 07

Hmmm, I think that Word actually saves addresses/labels in Outlook. Or, what about the Address Book at Start>Accessories>Address Book?

VoG II 10:20 17 Feb 07

Possibly click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5