Search forum not working & other problems

Creditman 22:07 05 Dec 05

I put a topic in the search forum box & click go. When the screen returns it is blank (apart from the links down l/hand side). I think this may be the unintended result of tinkering with Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance>Settings.Other unwanted results are that the title bar has shrunk,& the task bar has a white background instead of blue.Also I used to have a full width tool bar for Google & various Google options such as Autofill. Now all I have is a short Google search panel at the righthand end of the main toolbar. How do I restore all these features ? Thanks

VoG II 22:09 05 Dec 05

System Restore assuming that you are runing Windows ME or XP.

Creditman 22:35 05 Dec 05

VoGtm
Many thanks- all ok now, but I still don't understand why all those changes occurred.All I did was tick the box "adjust for best performance" under Visual Effects.This caused the tool/task bar problems etc. When I tried to reverse these by reverting to "custom", it did'nt work. Incidentally which of the features listed under"custom" should be ticked ? Is it just personal preference after trying the different effects ? Or are there some that should definitely be included or excluded ? Any guidance on this would be appreciated. I am on Windows XP Home. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…