Is the search facility playing up again?

jazzypop 23:03 18 Jun 03

Please forgive me if there is already a current thread on this topic, but I did a search and didn't find one.

I tried to find a recent posting of mine, as it contains an answer for a current thread. I searched in My Postings, selected Title & Postings, This Week - no results found.

I experimented a little, using common words such as video, network, graphics, and a few where I knew I had posted, such as acrobat and adobe - unless the search term appeared in the title of the posting, it was not found by the Search facility.

It seems from my limited testing that the Search facility is only indexing thread titles, not the details of the postings within the thread.

Is this part of the teething problems with the server upgrade?

VoG® 23:06 18 Jun 03

In my recent experience it simply does not work. I can get there quicker by going to My Postings and scrolling back several pages. Enough said.

powerless 23:08 18 Jun 03

Search for this thread.

Well, try to...

hugh-265156 23:09 18 Jun 03

i have the same problem and thought it was just because i was`nt typing the correct words.

i opened my postings and tried searching for threads that i knew where there and it said nothing found every time.

hugh-265156 23:10 18 Jun 03

help please works though :-)

rabadubdub 03:16 19 Jun 03

I get the above message when I search for something. Think it's different line whether you select past weeek/month/all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…