search engines

conrail 13:29 24 Nov 05

using xp pro + serif web+9; have created my 1st web page and uploaded it, how can I get search engines to display my site please?

mco 16:48 24 Nov 05

If you do a search on this forum you'll get advice on this from past threads. If many people know about it and are going to visit it then it will come up of its own accord in a few weeks. If you know anyone who'll link to your site from theirs then get them to do that - that's another way - and if you want to you could put it here to start off with! There is some software - I got a free one called 'hello engines' that says it will get your site on lots of search engines but I don't really think it's worth it and I think the big one. Google, will find you itself.

Haol 16:49 24 Nov 05

Yous submit it to a search engine

Google - click here
Ask Jeeves - click here
Yahoo - click here

That should get you started but if you want more just google "submit url to "search engine" in the "search engine" part replace it with a search engine of choice.

conrail 20:48 24 Nov 05

thanks guys, I did try a search on these pages but must have put in the wrong phrase as nothing came up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…