search engine redirect virus

robdeperla 15:24 09 May 10

Hi,

I have a problem with search engines. When I goto search for something in google (and notice on bing too) and click on a link it will take me to another search engine page or some random webpage, It doesn't happen with everylink, I can get around the problem by copying the shortcut and pasting it into the address bar.

I searched around on the net and found people with same problems but couldn't see any solution, also noticed a few people had left logs from combofix. I've downloaded and scanned with
zonealarm extreme, malwarebytes, spyware terminator, AVG 8, Hitman 3.5 and used RegTweaker.

I did have a load more problems than this before but got them all under control apart from this search enegine redirect virus.

Attached is my combofix log.

thanks very much

birdface 15:31 09 May 10

click here

Update and run the free version.

birdface 15:31 09 May 10

Oops tried that sorry never noticed.

robdeperla 15:34 09 May 10

Sorry here is the combofix txt file

click here

didnt know how else to upload the file.

thanks

provider 2 15:58 09 May 10

This is from the Bleeping Computer site regarding the use of ComboFix:
"You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer."

Clearly, considering what you have run already, this malware isn`t going to be removed easily.

I think your best bet would be to go to Bleeping Computer, create an account (free), explain your problem and wait for help.

A bit time-consuming but possibly quicker in the long run.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…