search engine optimisation google

rsturbo 20:36 PM 11 Nov 13

hi i want to create a webpage and then promote it (for free to start with) how do i do this for Google (i am quite interested in this so wouldn't mind later on going on a course if somebody could suggest a good one)

Forum Editor 07:30 AM 12 Nov 13

Google will automatically find and index your site, you don't need to do anything for that to happen.

Before you start thinking about promoting your site you should spend time on developing it. Content is king when it comes to search engine success; you'll do even better in the rankings if your subject matter is unique, or at least uncommon. Populate your site with interesting content, and then encourage other sites to link in to you.

After you've done all that, make frequent changes in the text and image content, ensure that your site's navigation works perfectly,and you'll be on your way. Google knows a good site when it sees one.

rsturbo 20:31 PM 14 Nov 13

ok thank you. whats all this about meta tags robots etc?

wiz-king 17:56 PM 26 Nov 13

Meta tags are not often used by search engines now and are a bit of a waste of time. Links are the in thing - set up a links page and get the links reciprocated by other sites ( I'll link to you if you link to me).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know