search engine changed

casey00kat 22:32 21 Jan 03
  casey00kat 22:32 21 Jan 03

i started to download something the other day ..at the same time my virus kicked in and said internet file has virus so i cancelled everything...but now when i go to address bar to search QUICK! search comes up and i dont want it...any ideas how to get back to my yahoo search engine or any other
thanks
Sue

SafeHaven 22:45 21 Jan 03

Hi Sue Do a full virus check to start with better safe than sorry. then clear all your cookies/do a disk clean up. Go to your exploer icon r/click select properties then check to see if the web address you want to go to is your default. If not type it in and press apply.
Hope this helps tc pat

jazzypop 22:50 21 Jan 03

You can't do better than to set Google as your default search engine - click here , follow the instructions carefully.

You may need to reboot for the changes to take effect. If the Quick search engine is still displayed, then there is another problem. Post back, and we will sort it out.

BlueMeanie 23:19 21 Jan 03

If you know the virus, check with Norton as the virus may have put entries in the Registry to alter the default homepage.

Had this problem myself.

VoG™ 23:22 21 Jan 03

May not be a virus but could be spyware. Try Spybot click here

casey00kat 01:14 22 Jan 03

tried everything but it was always there in the address bar at top...have google on opera also...anyway i manages to finally find the stupid file and uninstalled it...it was new.net thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…